I know the percent of Asians is small but

I am an Asian and none of people I saw in UA called me names

For some reason or other, probably for stuff stemming back from 2 centuries ago, many people seem to think if you attend a university in the south you will be discriminated against. Ignorant attitude. I’m hispanic & I would not hesitate attending Alabama or Ole Miss or any other southern university.

Media portrayal and ugly, irrevocable history are the reasons.

reviving this thread… this is exactly what I was looking for. I come from a college town in the midwest and after getting accepted to UA I’ve been really considering it. My high school has about 3% Asian so not far from Bama’s ~2%. @mom2collegekids I (and probably the OP) am more concerned about Asian Americans rather than international Asians. Just more in common, I guess. I’m also super interested in joining a sorority. Which one were you a part of?

The office of institutional research is awesome about running statistics that aren’t published. I was curious about gender the distribution by race and ethnicity,I called and asked and she ran the numbers for me! Mentioning this because up thread there were stats questions.

jumpingstar, I believe most of the sororities have some Asian American members of some sort. You could go to uapanhellenic dot com and click on Chapter Profiles. Click on each crest and look for a link to the chapter’s website. On the website, look for the chapter’s Tumblr page - those are updated right before recruitment and are probably the most recent photos. As UA becomes more diverse, its sororities reflect that.