I made a mistake on application... what to do

<p>I realized after i sent the application in the family history section, I checked an incorrect educational level for my parents… what do i do now? Should I notify the UC’s this asap?</p>

<p>Yeah, contacting them is the only thing you can do at this point. (Although it’s probably not that important anyway.)</p>

<p>It could be important if, for example, that you indicated your parents were graduates but instead neither had attended college. Some of the UC schools give points for this in their admissions formula. </p>

<p>You notify each campus seperately, thus you should only notify those where the educational history of your parents is a factor in their selection. Each campus has a page on their web site that describes in words the factors they consider. </p>

<p>Also, if it is the opposite, if you said no college but that is not true, you run the risk of random audits which UC conducts of a few percent of applicants where they can ask for proof of your applicaiton statements. A mismatch, particularly if it produced an offer that otherwise would not have been tendered, could get your offer rescinded or even get you pulled from school after attending for a while.</p>