I need help :(

I am currently a college student in a community college I was hopping to transfer for this Fall 2019 to a university . However I won’t be done with my math I will still need to take Statistics and another class . So I will be 6 units short . So this means I won’t be able to transfers this year so I need to wait to apply again and wait another year to attend a university. I was thinking of instead of waiting a whole another year I could try to transfer to a university where they do accept lower division?

Some will, check with the public universities in your state. Also, some larger schools accept mid-year applicants, so that might work after you finish the courses.

Yes a lot of liberal arts colleges also accept transfers for mid-year students. You don’t need X number of credits to be accepted to a 4-year college. Many of them have deadlines for transfer applicants that are still open.

Where do you hope to attend school? Also what is your budget?

If you tell us your GPA that can assist us in locating colleges that might be a good fit for you.

I plan to attend a school in California and my budget would be like 7k a semester ?
That’s why I wanted to do cal state the tuition it’s around that much .

I also would like to major in international relationships or global studies .

My current gpa is 2.7 . It went down for a math class i didn’t pass . Currently I am taking two winter classses so I hope for my gpa to go up again .

Right, so it sounds like you know what you need to do. Raise your GPA and then apply to a CalState school. You’ll find your path. perhaps be sure to acquire some quantitative skills of some sort – statistics, computer science, data analysis, marketing, or something similar. That will help you get jobs later.

There are several Cal states that offer Spring Admissions so you might want to consider completing your Math courses Fall semester and then transfer Spring 2020.

Spring applications open August 1, 2019 and you can check the CSU website to see which campuses offer Spring admission.

Below is a link with 2018 Transfer GPA admission stats for each campus so you can target schools where you have the best chance with your GPA.

https://www2.calstate.edu/attend/counselor-resources/Documents/transfer-2018-admission-impaction-chart.pdf

Hello so i was looking into apply for Cal state San Francisco . However i live in La and i would have to commute once a week or so. I was thinking online classes will work/ classes like once a day or something like that. If i choose to go with this path . I can still graduate with my associate this Fall 2019 and hopefully attend Cal state San Fran Spring 2020. But is this plan too crazy :(? They do have affordable bus La to San fran it could be (Mega bus or Greyhound) which goes all the way to San Francisco. Its about $50.00 roundtrip. I done a few trips La to san Francisco in just two days for travel that’s why i think its just a crazy idea . what maybe its just too much :confused:

You’re absolutely right that commuting between LA and SF is “too much.” Don’t waste any more time thinking about it.