I personally dont like the term African american

<p>I think black sounds cooler.. but anyway
I'm a high school senior and I was wondering what my chances of admissions were at:</p>

<p>Columbia Cornell Upenn Harvard Princeton Vanderbilt U Texas Texas A&M University of Toronto, McGill, University of British Columbia
The thing is I moved to the states from Canada beginning of my junior year, so my GPA and grades, do not match together so I am unranked. However my GPA is a 3.8 out of 4</p>

<p>My credentials are:</p>

<p>2010 SAT I score ( 710 Cr,650 math, 650 writing)
SAT II scores: (650 Biology 680 Math I 640 English literature)
Ap courses taken/taking
Junior year:
Ap Bio (scored a 3)
Ap Eng (scored a 3)
Senior year
Ap Chem
Ap Eng
Ap Physics B
Ap Econ
Ap Psychology
Ap Gov
Ap World history</p>

<p>Extra curricular:
Volunteered at a retirement home ( 20 hours)
Greater lewisville cares ( volunteer organization 10 hours)
Member of both Key club and Multicultural club
Basketball team and track team (won awards in both)
Conducted research at University lab ( 50+ hours)
Tutor freshman in my school in Math and Biology( 14 hours)</p>

<p>I'm also black and live in a single parent home with 2 brothers, I am to be blunt, poor and have written about so in my college essay ( living in shelter) I also am getting a letter of recommendation from the Professor who I did research with and he is an Alum of Cornell.
I really appreciate any input, Thanks!</p>

<p>LOL</p>

<p>XD</p>

<p>I’m not going to chance you though. I’m no good at that stuff.</p>

<p>Your test scores are, to be blunt, low. If you can bring them up, do it.
Why are you taking so many AP’s? Especially some, if not most, I’m going to assume are self-study. That adds a lot of stress onto the high school workload, I speak from experience. Are you sure that you’ll be able to maintain your GPA or improve it under such an amount of work? Most of the schools you listed won’t take 3’s or lower. If you don’t think you can get a 4 or higher on most of them, and keep your GPA high, don’t do it. Your EC’s aren’t the greatest, but the University Lab will probably help. If you don’t bring the test scores up (by about 100 points or so), a lot of the Ivy’s will be high reach. It also depends on what kind of classes you’re taking (I assumed Honors/AP mainly, correct me if I’m wrong) but the higher level classes you have, the better. I think you have a very good hook with your household income, but in the end a hook is just a tipping factor if you’re on the fence. You do have the possibility of being accepted to the higher universities your listed, but I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. </p>

<p>I’m certainly not well-versed in all of the schools you listed, but as a random question of curiosity, what do you consider your safety, match, and reach? </p>

<p>If you’d rather the term black, does that make me grey? (Mulatto.)</p>

<p>Well, I’m pretty sure I can get into all of my Canadian schools, and I just recently found out i have auto acceptance to A&M and UT, so those are my safeties, I think my matches are Vanderbilt ( my father went there so I’m a legacy), and high match/low reach would be rice university. And all of the Ivies I listed are of course reaches. </p>

<p>And no I would consider you black, your probably treated as if you were full black. lol</p>