I promise.. my LAST question.

<p>So after my SOAR session, I got another private tour of campus with my friends from a girl that was going into her senior year.</p>

<p>She told me that the northern part of campus gets extremely dangerous at night, to the point that the lakeshore path was nicknamed "rapeshore." </p>

<p>I'm an avid runner, but I prefer to run AFTER 10 PM. The "rapeshore" path looked like a great place to do so.. but now I'm having second thoughts. Not that I fear getting raped.. (I'm a GUY).. but I don't want to get shot, hassled, abducted, dunked/drowned into the lake.. etc.</p>

<p>I had walked that path at night before, and the area between memorial union and Adams/Tripp is just awfully creepy and eerie.</p>

<p>Are these areas safe at night?
What are the chances of becoming a statistic?
How often are there incidents in the lakeshore area?</p>

<p>....................? I thought Madison was pretty safe, as long as you aren't being stupid and like waving a hundred dollar bill around..... Though I won't lie, running during the day or running in a gym would probably be better than running late at night.</p>

<p>Ask the Wisconsin Track Club- website <a href="witrack%20club.org">url=http://witrackclub.org&lt;/a&gt;The Wisconsin Track Club in Madison, WI, you can send them an email. This club is open to nonstudents but is the group that includes UW distance runners who run together regularily and even do some div III races in Wis, Ill and Minn. Good way for HS CC runners to connect with each other in college. You may want to run indoors at the Shell in winter. There is also a UW running club.</p>

<p>Addenda- why try to run in the dark, use lit paths for night running- avoid tripping and other hazards.</p>