I think i know the answer to this question re: transfer grades

<p>do transfer grade come in as plus (+) and minus (-) or just the grade. or does it vary by where they are being transferred from?</p>

<p>DD has a biology final tomorrow and she needs a good grade for an a+ or a 50 for a 90. i don’t think the school she is at now does plus or minus grades, so i think any a will be the same. </p>

<p>does someone with lots of transfer experience (seatide) know?</p>

<p>UA will transfer grades as however they are recorded on the transcript. I ran into this issue as community colleges in my state are not legally allowed to give A+s; in the couple of classes in which I got a 99%, the grades were transferred as As as that’s what my transcripts said they were. If the college awards grades on a 100-point scale, UA should use whichever conversion table the school encloses with the transcript.</p>

<p>The only issue you might ever run into is with graduate credits. UA doesn’t award pluses and minuses, but some other schools do. I was going to call the registrar and see what would happen in I got an A- in the graduate-level course I took this summer, but I got an A so I didn’t ask.</p>

<p>ok, that’s what i thought. thanks!!</p>

<p>Hoping she does well on her final, Mike!</p>

<p>well, she only needs a 50 to end up with an A. i am pretty sure it will be ok. she obviously thinks so, since she is watching a movie instead of studying.</p>

<p>our other family members are out of town, so we ought to go somewhere after the final tomorrow, but we don’t have anywhere to go. : (</p>

<p>Okay, this is good to know. My son’s experience at his Pennsylvania schools was that only credit transfers and gpa reflects classes taken at the degree giving school. I’ll have to file that away for future reference!</p>