I visited VT today and have a few more remaining questions...

<p>I loved everything about it for the most part. I took a bunch of pictures if anyones interested let me know Ill upload them online, none of them are great but they give a general feel of the campus. Its very calm, green, and stoney for a college made up of 20+ thousand. The honors stuff sounds great to me as well.</p>

<p>I have a couple of questions, though, for anyone that goes there.</p>

<p>Are you excluded often if you dont decide to go Greek?
Is the social life fun? Do people party a lot?<br>
Are the RAs cool or do they want to get people in trouble?
How is dorm security? Do people have things stolen from them often, or just out of carelessness?</p>

<p>How can we see the pictures? I would love to see them. We had a visit scheduled but had to cancel it and never got there. Thanks!</p>

<p>My D went there and did not go greek, not a problem at all. In fact, lots of her friends who did, including 2 roommates, had gone inactive by their senior year. Athletic events are a lot of fun, and make up a large percentage of the social scene. There are lots of parties, mostly in apartments, most kids move into apartment complexes their sophomore year- great bus transportation from all the complexes to campus, and is included in the tuition. Even though most move off campus, they keep a meal plan- the food is great. Security is the same as other schools. It's a big school, so you can find your niche.</p>

<p>Find the pics at <a href="http://www.doom79.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.doom79.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I added a folder with all the pics seperately or a rar file if you find that to be easier, which I personally do.</p>

<p>Is there partying on campus as much or no?</p>

<p>I have heard that they are stricter than some schools about alcohol in the dorms, but I think if you want to party you will find it.</p>

<p>Are you excluded often if you dont decide to go Greek? -- no. i know tons of people who are not in frats , but still have a good time...
Is the social life fun? Do people party a lot? if you drink, you will definitely enjoy tech. its pretty boring for those who dont want to party. on most weekends, my friends and i only go out one night.
Are the RAs cool or do they want to get people in trouble?-- really depends o n luck. some RA's suck, some are irresponsible ( my old RA was drunk one night and decided to ride a mattress on the floor and lick alcohol of the floor)
How is dorm security? Do people have things stolen from them often, or just out of carelessness? um.. i dont really see this as a problem. the people across from me always leave the door open, and they are rich as ****... still no one has stolen from them.</p>

<p>Thanks for the pictures!!!</p>

<p>I miss Blacksburg, Blacksburg Middle, and Virginia Tech so much!!</p>

<p>I'm a sophomore RA in the Galileo male engineering theme housing program so I think I can field your questions pretty well.</p>

<p>Are you excluded often if you dont decide to go Greek?</p>

<p>No way. I have a few friends who are Greek but most are non-Greek, and I haven't found any sort of barrier between the two groups. Non-Greek parties are just as popular as Greek parties, if you're into that sort of thing. You'll have a great time at Tech regardless of if you go Greek or not (as well as if you drink or not).</p>

<p>Is the social life fun? Do people party a lot?</p>

<p>Social life is awesome. We have speakers all the time come to Tech for instance Rudy Rueddiger (sp?) is speaking in a couple weeks, who is the basis of the movie Rudy. We've had concerts like Reel Big Fish and Something Corporate as well as speakers like Al Sharpton, Jesse Ventura, and comedians like Bob Saget. There is a movie theater downtown as well as in Christiansburg, and at the student center there's also a movie every Friday night. There's always something going on, trust me.</p>

<p>With respect to partying, yes this is a large state school so there is a good amount of partying, but I have friends who don't party at all and they still have a great time.</p>

<p>Are the RAs cool or do they want to get people in trouble?</p>

<p>I'm an RA and I like to think I'm cool :-P It depends on who you get but most of the RAs I have met in Residence Life are awesome and you'd be lucky to have them. They're not out to get you but don't try to get away with stupid stuff and you'll be fine.</p>

<p>How is dorm security? Do people have things stolen from them often, or just out of carelessness?</p>

<p>None of my residents have reported anything stolen. This is an extremely safe campus, and most people leave their doors open most of the time which makes for a much more social environment.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!! If you or anyone else has anymore questions, just shoot me a message.</p>

<p>so this is how small tech is- I'm a freshman, but I live on the floor that houses galileo (I'm a girl though haha). It's funny, people really are willing to help you out around here- and people love tech. </p>

<p>I don't party, I did first semester, I choose not to. I don't like meeting people who don't remember you the next day. It's not my scene. BUt I have good friends, we go out and we have fun. It's what you make it.</p>

<p>Let me know if you have other questions</p>