I want to transfer to UW Madison's business school...am I on the right track?

Hi all,

I’m currently enrolled at MATC. I will be graduating with a liberal arts transfer degree in pre-business and economics next summer. This coming spring, I want to apply for a direct transfer into UW Madison’s school of business. What are my chances of getting in? The following are what I expect to have at the end of this fall semester:

college GPA: 3.82
college EC’s: fulltime employment at a local community bank
college credits taken at time of application: 29

high school GPA: 3.3ish (I don’t remember, will any of my highschool grades even be factored in?)
AP classes: AP Psychology, AP American Government, AP World History (scored 3’s on all of them)
high school ACT: 29 (I’m confident I could score in the low 30’s if I retook it, would that be worth doing?)
high school EC’s: completed a finance apprenticeship senior year, two years of varsity track and field, mentored at my local elementary school for a semester

What are my chances? I feel like my EC’s are lacking, and will definitely look into boosting them before I apply. Otherwise, my biggest questions are is it even worth submitting any of my high schools grades, EC’s, and ACT scores? Am I too far removed for those to play a role in the admission process?

Thank you!

Your high school grades etc will have no baring on your admission to the WSB. There are three components to the application: your college GPA, your resume, and a writing component. If you have not already done so you need to look at the admissions page for the WSB. Look for the resume resource guide so that you know what they’re looking for in terms of your resume.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

Someone at MATC should know all about this. It sends the most transfers to UW. by far.

Thanks the reply. I have reached out to an advisor, just haven’t heard back yet. I figured I’d lump my questions in along with the chance me portion of my post.