I want to visit- During spring break :(

<p>I am trying to plan a visit to Alabama. If we don’t go on the 15th or 16th of March, I don’t know if I will ever get a chance to visit. The problem is, I believe this is during Spring Break at the school, and I cannot get in touch with anybody on the phone, just a bunch of automated responses. Will I still be able to visit despite it being spring break? If so, will I be able to see the honors dorms and perhaps talk with some faculty? </p>

<p>Thanks if anybody can help.</p>

<p>I doubt it. The dorms close at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 10 and don’t reopen until the 18th.</p>

<p>Spring Break for students is also vacation for faculty…and they take off as well.</p>

<p>Yes…I just looked it up, March 16 is during Spring Break, so NOT a good time to visit at all. :(</p>

<p>There aren’t any campus tours available that day either…I just checked. there are some tour openings that week, but not on those 2 days…those 2 days are already full. </p>

<p>The problem is that even if you got on a campus tour by chance that some people didn’t show up, you wouldn’t get a real tour experience since faculty aren’t there. All you’d get is a bus tour around campus (which is why seating is limited). </p>

<p>When else can you visit?</p>

<p>If you could visit the following Monday, I see that there are some tour spots open for the late afternoon tour. You could visit with faculty in the morning and do the campus tour in the afternoon. </p>

<p>Tour times book fast.</p>

<p>My only other option is the following thursday/friday/saturday.</p>

<p>Quickly…check tour availability those days (don’t do a Saturday!)</p>

<p>Book the tour NOW.</p>

<p>Just checked…only Thursday has spots left…book an early in the day tour if you can…don’t do the info session…</p>

<p><a href=“http://bookitnow.ecampustours.com/schedulevisitapp/tour/default.aspx?FafsaCode=001051[/url]”>http://bookitnow.ecampustours.com/schedulevisitapp/tour/default.aspx?FafsaCode=001051&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Alright, just scheduled on thursday 10:00 a.m. for my parents and I.
Why do you recommend passing up the info session? Parents said they were interested in that.</p>

<p>Since you’ve already applied and read CC, much of the information session will either have irrelevant information ie how to apply for admission or information that is already covered in greater detail on CC.</p>

<p>Sea_Tide is right…you don’t need to hear what the req’ts are to apply, etc It’s mostly geared to juniors who are visiting and will be applying NEXT fall. </p>

<p>It isn’t an info session about courses/majors, the HC, or things that would likely interest your parents.</p>

<p>Plus…if you were to do the info session, that would leave you little time for the Honors College to set up the rest of your day.</p>

<p>Now that you have your tour time, contact Allison Verhine in the HC.</p>

<p>Include your tour time and date
Your stats and your intended major</p>

<p>You’re a NMF, right? Indicate so.</p>

<p>Tell Allison if there’s anything else that particularly interests you.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>I am not NMF, however I still received the generous full tuition scholarship from engineering. I agree that the info session sounds rather unnecessary. I emailed her earlier, but I will send a new email now that we have officially scheduled on that Thursday.</p>

<p>Ok…so indicate that you’ve got the full tuition scholarship Plus the engineering scholarhip. Congrats!</p>

<p>Sometimes email goes to Allison’s spam folder, so if you don’t hear back from her sometime next week, then give her or her assistant a call…include her asst on the email (send to both).</p>

<p>Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>It took Allison a couple of days to get back to me so dont worry. I would skip info session as it was only 15 minutes and not alot of stuff was discussed that we didnt already know. Ask to tour dorms and eat lunch with an ambassador.</p>