I was rejected but should I ask to re-look at my application???

<p>I received my rejection mail yesterday. I tried to accept the fact I didn't make it but it is too hard since Virginia Tech is my dream school. </p>

<p>Do you think it is a good idea to talk to Jane Todd (Head of the Admission) to re-look at my application? or ask for an interview? or ask if I can attend summer sessions to show them what I've got??????</p>

<p>I don't even know what to do. I was somewhat confident that I would get into tech and have only applied to VT. BIG MISTAKE, right!?</p>

<p>In my mail it said because my intended interior design major was very competitive and have limited space avalible they couldn't accept me. Do you think I have a chance or no? </p>

<p>I know for freshman, if you are on waitlist or denied, you can appeal by writting but what about tranfer students???? does any one know? thanks</p>

<p>Wouldn’t hurt to try. Do it. Ask for interviews, anything.</p>

<p>First, I am sorry that you did not get the response you were hoping for-Interior Design is a very tough admittance.
If I were you, I would definitely make a phone call, it never hurts to ask, you may still not get the result you want, but at least you tried and left no stone unturned.
Best of luck with your future-it will be ok.</p>

<p>I don’t want to sound mean but VT turned away around 20,000+ applicants… don’t think for a second that they mistakenly turned you away without any legitimate reason. They were a reason they turned you away – if there wasn’t a reason – it’s because they had to meet certain geographical quotas and you had nothing on your application to say – “hey, this kid is a can’t miss student – we needa accept him/her”.</p>

<p>thank guys!
I talked to Jane Todd and I was found out that they only pick 3 tranfer applicants for Interior Design departmant. And there were about 100 applicants. I was suprised by the number they pick but it was worth of try.</p>