I would Appreciate your help, Please chance an international

<p>Hey there,</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone who will dedicate some time to read this thread and even more to those who will answer. I just got my may sat scores, not as good as I expected but got 1660. 550 CR 570M 540WR. I understand that this is a very poor score for engineering. In addition I already graduated from high school in my country last December, and didn’t take the SAT until Now. I served in the army in the national guard of my country for a year and back in High school I was a very good student, my approval rate was above 85% and my class rank was top 10%. Having said that all, I am planning to apply to TAMU this summer. I have a good Transcript with a GPA of 3.3 along with recommendations that make emphasis on my interest with in engineering. One good thing is that I am not requiring financial aid, meaning that my chances are a little higher there. Do I stand A chance here?
Thanks Again</p>

<p>I believe your chances have to be low. Your SAT scores are average and your GPA is low as well. The competition for international students is fierce. Also, your financial need has no bearing on the admission decision.</p>

<p>I agree with AvantGardePrep, I would also add that the engineering dept has some of the most stringent requirements due to it’s lofty ranking. It’s a long shot from simply looking at those stats.</p>