IB Certificate Questions?

<p>I'm a junior and I am doing IB Certificate.
However, I will still be taking all the exams.</p>

<p>If I want to take the exam and get a certificate for each subject,
Do I still have to SEND my internal assessments (IAs) to the IB?
Or do I get to choose? </p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>You obviously need to send in your IA’s to IBO as they count toward your overall score since the external exams don’t account for your entire score. </p>

<p>You don’t send IAs. Your teacher grades your IA in each course (that’s why it is called Internal Assessment), then will enter the IA scores and predicted scores for each student into the IB system. They then send a moderation sample to an examiner to be graded, mainly to see if your teacher is grading consistently and using the IB standards. If you choose not to do an IA, your teacher will have to enter an IA grade of 0 which will be averaged with the exam paper grades at the end. In each course the IA is a certain percentage of the IB grade. For example, in HL Biology, which I taught, 24% of the IB grade is the IA, so getting a zero for that much of the overall grade would make it difficult to get a good score with just the papers. </p>

<p>In addition, not doing an IA may affect your class grade. The IA was a major required class assignment in my course, so a student who chose to not do this would get a zero just like they would if they blew off any other major assignment. You need to find out what your teachers expect. </p>