IB Classes and Rigor of Curriculum

<p>

</p>

<p>With all due respect to anyone in such a circumstance, either the school is private/selective/in an academic neighborhood, there are several levels of rigor within the IB course or its program is a joke. It’s like Boston requiring everybody to enroll in MIT - what’s the point? Either the courses are dumbed down, or nearly everybody fails.</p>

<p>Then again, I may just be ignorant.</p>

<p>It’s ridiculous that your counselor won’t check the box for you. I would definitely get your parents involved and appeal. And the SL vs. HL math thing is ridiculous, anyway – they are two completely different areas of math. I took SL because I was more interested in the statistics, and even though I got a 7 and used the same exact book as a college math class, the college wouldn’t let me exempt it because it was an SL class. Statistics is infinitely more useful in a number of professions than calculus.</p>

<p>Any my high school required we all enroll in the diploma program. The only guy I knew who didn’t have to had dyslexia and they let him do just some of the classes. But my high school was/is the largest IB school in North America and No. 3 in the world.</p>

<p>What are you EC? Thats going to be the deal breaker really between you and the others.</p>