IB Course Selection.

<p>Hi guys,
ok, so my school is making us choose our IB courses next week (I attend a full IB school) and I can't make my mind up on the classes I want to choose.
So far, this is what I plan on taking:
History HL
Geography HL
French HL
Chem SL</p>

<p>I'm also planning on taking English HL, but I'm torn between Lang&Lit and Lit, as my school never explained to us what the difference was.
I also can't decide between Maths Studies and Maths SL. I know that colleges look for a rigorous schedule, but I figured that since I'm taking 4 HL's I could probably get away with taking math studies. (I fear that taking SL would hurt my GPA)</p>

<p>Any advice or comments?
thanks.</p>

<p>Pick the course that you think you’ll enjoy most first and foremost. Colleges want to see that you are actually interested in the subject matter. Don’t take a class because you think it will look good on a college app. That being said, they also look for challenging coursework, so taking math studies because it might have a lighter load does not go well. From what I’ve heard math studies is fairly easy, and math sl is not as demanding as higher level. If you can take 4 hls, you can handle sl.</p>