IB Help Guide

Wondering if it’s possible to report my score to colleges of one of my standard level tests when applying…I’ve never taken ap so does ib look better or equal to ap???

Also, I’m currently taking HL : English, Biology and Visual Arts…
SL: History, Math Studies and French

Yes, you can self report SL scores. Generally, the rule of thumb is to report scores of 5 or above.

@gardenstategal Ok thanks! Do they weight it equal to AP scores?

I don’t really know that but my guess is it is considered by most to be at least as rigorous… Some schools understand the program better than others, but most know that it’s hard!

Hey guys I need help knowing how to study to get a 6 or 7 for my IB Bio HL At my school everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn’t even try to imagine getting above a 3 or 4. My teachers suck and they practice a “flipped classroom” where all we do is teach ourselves from the textbook (Oxford textbook I believe). Most people get 3s or 4s or even 2s on their IB Bio HL :-< What should I do to study outside of class to prepare for it when May comes around next year?

http://ib.bioninja.com.au/

^this site literally saved my life @Salmerks I suggest making flashcards and practicing drawing things! I don’t remember actually having to draw anything on my exam but it can help you remember the structure of things, especially in the human physiology unit. I’m sure there are lots of Quizlets out there too!

@Chips99 How often should I practice with the flashcards and when should I start the studying process? Would you say five months is adequate or just go in the school year with trying to make all the flashcards and practicing drawing things? If you don’t mind me asking, did this website get you to a 6 or 7?

You should have reviewed half the content by mid December, and completed the rest by mid April, then dedicate the rest of the time to intensive review.
Quizlet has flashcards already if you want to try working on the first chapter on your own.
The Pearson IB HL Biology 2014 is very good and can be purchased with a website access for computer, phone, or tablet that includes step by step solutions, animations, study helps… The international edition is a bit cheaper I think.
Note that flipped classrooms prepare you well for college so doing well in that format will be a good sign for next year when reading the textbook before going to class and discussing the material then is going to be necessary (especially if you go into humanities and social sciences, but you’re likely to have a flipped stem classnfor two, too.)

@Salmerks what they said ^

Bioninja helped get me to a 5, but it totally could’ve been a 6 had I put in the appropriate effort. I was a little burned out by May to say the least lol