IB History Extended Essay

<p>HELP!!! My EE research question deadline is approaching soon and I still haven't felt sure about what to write! Those of you who are not in IB, the EE is basically a 4000 word paper pertaining to a topic of interest.
Since I've already chosen History as my subject, I must choose a topic really from anywhere under the sun relating to History. Any interesting topic you can suggest? I am particularly interested in Asian studies, but anything interesting will be considered!</p>

<p>bump / bump / bump</p>

<p>You’re going to have to wait longer than 6 minutes you know. And umm maybe you could do some research yourself before asking for help. History is a ginormous topic and I could name anything. Twinkies, samurai’s, Easter Island heads, Eisenhower administration, hot air balloons, etc. You get it.</p>

<p>Well is there a particular country and time period that interests you regarding Asian studies? My favorite topics in Asian history are the Khmer Rogue in Cambodia and the Vietnam War. I guess modern Southeast Asia in general is very interesting to me.</p>

<p>FYI I did my EE on the Iran Contra Affair. How much did Reagan really know about what was going on? Haha, good times.</p>

<p>I’m a senior who recently wrapped up my own History EE, and I did mine over the economic and social policies of Mao Zedong. </p>

<p>While its certainly important to write about something that interests you, I strongly recommend that you play to your supervisor’s strengths (if you know who s/he is). It will really help in the long run.</p>

<p>Hey there! </p>

<p>I’m an IB student too, and I know your worries about the EE. My EE is going to be in one of the World Studies areas, involving history, so I think I can help. My class has just finished up our HIs and one of my best friends did hers on the comparison and contrast of Hitler’s Mein Kampf and Mao’s writings. While I know this is different, it’s still an idea. Maybe you could discuss the how Japan’s loss of WWII affected their government’s structure? </p>

<p>Honestly, just figure out what you want to talk about in the broad spectrum of history and you’ll have it.</p>