IB Music vs IB Visual Arts

<p>I like both music and art and both classes are SL so which one should I take? I'm better at art than at music since I only started playing piano for about half a year.</p>

<p>also which class is easier? since it's one of my extra IB classes I want to be able to do well on the exam</p>

<p>I can’t tell you about IB Music (my school doesn’t even offer it) but I’m about to start my second year of IB Art HL so I’ll tell you a little about what I think of it.</p>

<p>In my opinion it is an amazing class. Now, I’m biased because I want to study art in college, but what I really enjoy about it is that the way my class is structured it is very independent. I have been able to experiment with many types of media and develop a theme for some of my portfolio difference. The only change between SL and HL is the amount of work, not the quality. IB is big on growth and reflection, so you will need to keep up with an Interactive Workbook (IW) where you reflect on your work, research artists, test media and techniques, and develop new projects. I really love that aspect of it; for others it may feel pointless or just annoying. I find that I get much of my work done in class but often WANT to work on my IW or current project at home, or if I need extra time to experiment with things. Let me know if you have any more art questions!!</p>

<p>Thank you so much, I chose IB Art in the end! Your response was very helpful! I do know about the IW from my research on the class but our class hasn’t touched on it yet and our IB Visual Arts SL is also a two-year class (like the HL) so I guess we would have time to develop artwork</p>