IB predicted score and US University Admissions

<p>Hello, all,
I was wondering how does the IB predicted scores and actual score work with the US University admissions? If you were admitted based on the IB Predicted score, would the acceptance be taken away if you score lower than the predicted mark?</p>

<p>None of the universities our son applied to asked him his predicted scores. Predicted scores aren’t even a discussion at his school. I think most of the schools are admitting based on the rigor of your coursework, grades, SAT and/or ACT scores, extracurricular activities/leadership, and so on. </p>

<p>Last year D was accepted to NYU with predicted IB score. I would not worry unless there is a big drop from your predicted.</p>

<p>I think there is always some confusion about this, because IB students at schools in the United States generally also receive regular grades, and those grades are what US colleges use to decide admissions. For example, at my kids’ IB school, they never even saw their predicted IB scores, and didn’t provide them to colleges. I don’t think they provided their final IB scores to their college, either. Admission was based on regular grades and SAT or ACT scores. However, my understanding is that if you are an international IB student, and you don’t have grades other than the IB scores, US universities will give conditional acceptances based on predicted scores, just as universities in other countries do. But you need to check with the specific US university,. because they may not all handle this the same way.</p>

<p>I don’t think so - only a drop in your actual semester grades. I was also admitted with my projected scores and I dont think it will make a difference.</p>

@muf123 Do you mind sharing your D’s predicted IB grade? thanks

Unless you are an international student admitted to a US uni based on predicted IB scores or a US student admitted to an overseas university based on the same, it doesn’t matter.

Are you attending an international school with no grades except for predicted scores, or a US school ?