IB preparation

I have a horrible preparation but in two months I’m starting the IB and I need to catch up. Could you give me the name of good textbooks to go through the material before the school starts? PDF links would be appreciated :slight_smile:
I’m taking English HL
French HL
Global Politics SL
Physics HL
Maths HL
Chemistry or Biology SL

Most of all I need Maths and Physics textbooks (the other subjects too if you have the links). Thanks!

With poor preparation why are you taking 4 HL’s.

For both math and physics you should be very solid in your pre-calc preparation.

@VickiSoCal well I had a bad preparation in the past. It doesn’t mean it’ll be bad forever!

Ok but the IB requirement is 3 HL and 3 SL. Many (most?) IB programs only allow you to take that. So if you feel like your preparation was weak, why load up on more than is required? Why not focus on doing well vs. doing more.

@VickiSoCal you’re right on this. I was thinking about four HL because I’m still unsure of my future major so I thought it’d be useful to keep my options open.

Have you talked to the IB coordinator or Guidance counselor at your school?

Physics SL is quite challenging on its own,you could switch to that. Or French SL. Don’t forget you also have to to TOK and your EE.