IB program HELP?

Hi,
I’m currently a freshman and I’m seeking information about IB programs.
I’m not taking any AP classes rn (because I’m a nonnative speaker and at first I wasn’t confident enough and honestly I don’t like AP HGeo)
So anyways! Is it possible to take the IB program as a sophomore? and what about the foreign language? If I consider taking spanish, do I need to be already fluent in it? Cuz my school doesn’t offer many APs, I have to take IBs ( I’m planning to get into Berkley, UCLA, or Stanford).
I would be thankful if you share some of your experiences w me.

btw I didn’t know what category to choose so I just put SAT ACT prep :-/ sry

Is it possible to take the IB program as a sophomore? No.
and what about the foreign language? Yes.
If I consider taking spanish, do I need to be already fluent in it? No.

1. IB program starts in 11th grade for everyone.
  2. You don't need to be fluent in a language to take it. But you should already be taking it now, because IB requires you to have four years of experience to test at the end of your senior year, unless you take a special type of test.
  3. We cannot give you specifics on the IB program as it is at your school. Please figure out who the IB coordinator is in your school and go talk to them. They will be used to giving out information and will likely be happy to see you interested and taking initiative.

You might be able to take some IB courses in 10th grade, but you won’t officially start IB until 11th.

Does your school have MYP or Pre-IB?