IB PROGRAM- I'm THE ONLY ONE?

I go to a private school.
The toughest thing offered is IB.
HOWEVER my IB schedule is not THAT tough. My hardest subjects will be the ones involving the most writing. I don’t have issues with writing but I just haven’t been exposed to such writing oriented classes other than one English class…I’m getting a tutor anyways.
The CAS requirements are easy for me to do.
but
that all sounds beautiful and perfect and right for me
BUTTT
im the only one taking the program at my school.
One year 16 students took IB…now number are more like 2 or 3…

but when i take it noone else will
I know this will be a disadvantage because I wont have someone else to talk to about my classes

but uhm
can someone enlighten me?

Is this an advantage? That I’m the only student who took the program in a competitive private school?
Or will colleges not have that information?

Please tell me what your thoughts are.

Don’t think colleges will have that specific information. Your counselor will likely select that you took the most rigorous classes available, but it won’t matter that you’re the only one. I don’t think it’s either an advantage or a disadvantage.

Agreed, colleges won’t know that you’re the only person who took the diploma at your school. So that advantage is inapplicable. I also don’t think that you’re at a disadvantage of not being able to talk to anyone about your classes. You may be the only one taking the diploma, but I’m sure there are people taking certificates? Surely your classes aren’t going to be individual tutoring sessions? If you really think that, as you said, it’s all beautiful and perfect and right for you, then I don’t see what should hold you back.

I actually found out that 3 other people have decided to take it this week! I’m not going to be alone (thank god)!!! So I can still collaborate on certain things~ Thanks for the info though! This was already a tough decision to make but now its OFFICIAL! I’m excited.