IB Sciences Anyone?

<p>So, at this time of the year, people at my school are contemplating switching classes, etc. for their junior and senior year. So, I thought I was all set: doing IB Diploma, with Math HL, Biology HL, English HL, Spanish HL, History SL, and Latin SL.</p>

<p>Then I was presented with a possibility. You see, the people at my school have already made schedules according to every student's initial choice. So, you can only switch classes if it doesn't interfere with another class on your schedule. My friend wanted to take IB Latin instead of IB Art, but they wouldn't let her because IB Latin is at the same time as the IB Physics class she is in.</p>

<p>So then, after one of my friends mentioned it, I started thinking, what if I can take two sciences?? I'm sure that at other schools, this is done frequently, but at my school it has NEVER been done before. So, if I switched to Physics HL, my schedule would look like this: Math HL, Biology HL, Physics HL, English HL, Spanish SL, and History SL.</p>

<p>SO, now my question: Am I underestimating the difficulty of IB Sciences? I feel like I think that it will just be a breeze but when it comes to it, I may...die. That's what some of my friends are telling me: they all think I'm crazy. Anyone who has done IB, what are your thoughts on the difficulty of IB Sciences? Do you think taking two sciences would be humanely possible at IB level?</p>

<p>Almost half the people at my school do double IB sciences. Not that it’s easy - it’s light-years from easy - but it’s just that most people here are overachievers. </p>

<p>But I don’t know any that are taking 4 HLs and doing HL in both sciences ON TOP OF HL IN MATH. We might be over achievers to an extent … but 4 HLs - especially if two of them are Math and Physics … can be pernicious to your social life, sanguinary to your eyes, and deleterious to your mental health. </p>

<p>Here, I’ll break down each of your courses for you:</p>

<p>IB Bio HL - a ton of memorization. You’ll need to memorize diagrams of everything from the kidney to a muscle cell to an ovary, and be able to draw them - as in actually draw them (not just label them). There are probably several dozen diagrams you’ll need to know how to draw for the exam. This is much harder than the joke they call AP Bio. </p>

<p>IB Physics HL - pretty damn hard from what I’ve hard (not actually in it). Though I suppose it depends on the teacher. </p>

<p>IB Math HL - you’ll need Calc BC, AP Stat, and pre-calc knowledge. </p>

<p>English HL - meh. Easy compared to your other courses. </p>

<p>History SL - lol</p>

<p>Spanish HL and Latin SL - o.O. Are you a native Spanish speaker? </p>

<p>Anyway, the above is just my opinion. I suggest seeking the sagacious advice of the survivors at the IB Survival forums. Few people on the College Confidential forums are in IB, save for a few mensas - such as you - and myself. Too chicken, I suspect. The people on the IB Survival forums will be able to offer a lot more advice than what I can. After all, a forum full of minds is better than one mind - even if that one mind does belong to a mensa.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.ibsurvival.com/[/url]”>http://www.ibsurvival.com/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Okay, thank you very much for the advice. I think I’ll check out IB Survival too.</p>