IB Studies vs IB SL

<p>I am a sophomore currently signing up for junior classes. I am wondering which of the two math classes I should take. I have heard IB studies is just a basic review so it can be an easy A. I now for a fact that IB SL is just pre calculus. For my career I plan on being a Dietitian which does not require higher level math. Knowing that I will be applying for scholarships and colleges my junior year, not needing higher level math, and that both are IB weighted classes I think I should take IB studies. I do not know how colleges look at that as positive because it is IB or negative because it is "easier". Can anyone please give me clarification or suggestions? Thank you.</p>

<p>Spelling correction. It should be *know not now</p>

<p>Hmm…
At my school math studies was through pre-calc and math SL was calculus 1, and I thought Math SL was pretty easy (didn’t offer HL at my school), so if yours only goes through pre-calc stuff, I can’t imagine the class being terribly difficult. But there is calculus on the IB SL test…</p>

<p>Thank you nanotechnology!
HL is not offered at my school either. SL is pre calculus and there is a SL 2 which is calculus. I am just a bit confused about the math studies but I am sure I will figure it out.</p>

<p>Take IB studies unless the nutrition program you want to go to requires calculus. Then take the pre-calc.</p>