IB to AP

<p>So I had to switch school this year (which is my senior year) but I was enrolled in the IB program in my previous school and I am now going to a school that doesn't offer IB. I was wondering if I will be able to get my IB points added to my grades at this new school, because my rank might seriously suffer if not. I can't see the counselor till about a week and a half so I really want some insight if anyone has any idea how these situations work out. I'm really scared and anxious so please someone, let me know :/</p>

<p>If your rank is in jeopardy, your GPA will transfer to the new school.
And for your IB points, if you took IB exams your junior year, they do not matter. Since you are not able to get your IB Diploma, the IB points do not matter because they weren’t achieved your senior year.</p>

<p>I wanted the ib points for taking the IB classes. We are supposed to get 6 extra points for each IB class we took, but I’m not sure if they will give me those points for taking the class. The school I’m going to has AP so they get an extra 8 points which is added when calculating their rank. I’m asking if the will give me the extra points for taking the classes.</p>

<p>Probably not. Since IB is not offered, it would be weird if you got extra points to your rank. Other students don’t have the opportunity to get IB points, so I highly doubt if you will.</p>