IB vs. non IB and class choices

<p>Hi guys,
I'm a sophomore who is planning on doing the new IB Career path program next year, the STEM program to be exact, and I just had a few questions for someone who knows IB. Here is my schedule for next year as follows:
1. Algebra 2 Advanced
2. Physics Advanced
3. Design Technology IB
4. Computer Science IB (or I can take Economics)
5. English 3 IB-SL
6. US History 2 Advanced
7. French 3 Honors
8. Physical Education/Health</p>

<p>My extracurricular include Robotics Team (all 4 years), Fencing Team (3 years), Drama Club (3 years), Stage Manager for Fall Drama and Spring Musicals (3 years), and volunteer at my brother's special needs soccer league. </p>

<p>The questions I have are 1. Will colleges look down on the fact that I only took advanced and not IB in some of my classes? My senior year will be all IB and AP, with the exception of Pre Calc., and I am thinking of doubling science classes. And 2. Which is a better class to take, IB Computer Science or IB Economics, and how hard are they? I have a passion for technology, and am looking to get into a good Engineering/ Tech/Architecture College. I'm also a girl. </p>

<p>Any advice? </p>

<ol>
<li>As long as you take hard classes you are fine. Seems to me like you are! 2. I don’t know much about IB Computer Science since I don’t take it, but if you are going to take Econ make sure to do HL (the difference between SL and HL is small).</li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks! The problem is, my school offers 4 different levels for all core subjects: studies, academic, advanced, and IB. It’s hard figuring out whether to be in advanced or IB. </p>