Ib?

<p>Hi I am currently a Freshman and I don't know if I should do IB. I am not super strong in writing, but I can improve. I understand the exams are all writing, but are they really really hard? I don't know if I should take the risk and take IB instead of all AP. Thanks</p>

<p>Haven’t taken the exams yet, but writing is pretty essential. And AP requires essays too on some exams, just not quite as many. And you must consider the whole of the IB Programme or selected AP tests. You still have some time to decide.</p>

<p>Well you need to be really good at writing for a lot of subjects.</p>

<p>Are you considering doing the entire diploma program or just individual subjects?</p>

<p>If you’re doing the entire program, be prepared to write precise economics commentaries, recite 10 minute long speeches for the IOP and IOC (for english SL/HL), write a 4000 word Extended essay, 1600 word TOK essay and a 1500 word World lit essay. Yeah, lots of essays.</p>

<p>Only take it if you’re confident you can manage your time well and can write loads. I’m not trying to scare you, it’s just difficult doing the entire diploma and you should know that.</p>

<p>If you’re doing individual subjects you should be fine. For example, Physics SL/HL, Math SL/HL and Computer Science SL/HL do not require much writing at all. The other subjects however, do.</p>

<p>A lot of people say APs are harder than HL subjects. But they’re not. I take both the IB and a few APs, and the IB is definitely harder. However, the IB also covers a lot more in its syllabus.</p>