ice hockey at Purdue?

<p>My son was accepted to Purdue for Mechanical Engineering. He played Ice Hockey for his high school for the last 4 years. He'd like to have a chance to play on a club team in college. Does Purdue have an ice hockey? I don't believe hockey is very popular in Indiana.</p>

<p>There is a club hockey team at Purdue</p>

<p>Hi there
My son (admitted to Purdue for fall, 2013) also plays hockey here in Wisconsin. We discovered Purdue does indeed have a club team; however, they have NO ice rink on campus. I worked a hockey tournament with a guy whose son plays on the Purdue team. He tells me the kids practice once per week - they take a bus to Kankakee, IL (about 1 1/2 hours away) on Wednesday evenings. They don’t get back home until around 2am. All home games are played in Kankakee as well. It’s doable, but it sounds like the players need to be really disciplined and really dedicated to make it work. Hopefully interest in the sport will grow now that there’s a Big 10 Hockey League.</p>

<p>to RallySavage - Has your son decided on attending Purdue? Mine’s interested in Mechanical Engineering too and is trying to meet other incoming freshmen via Facebook. He’d probably enjoy meeting up with a fellow ice hockey player (sort of a rare thing in Indiana).</p>

<p>I think we’re leaning toward Virginia Tech. Purdue is just too far away, and is aobut $10K more expensive. Good luck at Purdue.</p>