IE Penn State and Purdue, where should I go?

<p>Hi! everyone, since I got accepted to Penn State and Purdue, I can't decide where I should go to study industrial engineering. If anyone know information about this program in both school, please give me your opinion about it. As I know, Penn State rank number 4 and Purdue rank number 3 which is very close.</p>

<p>Also, I am Asian and love to eat Asian food. I love beautiful campus and the town that close to the city in case I need shopping.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Popita</p>

<p>As I live in West Lafayette and have family at State College, I can tell you a lot about the differences between the campuses...</p>

<p>In my opinion, Penn State is a lot prettier.</p>

<p>There are plenty of Asians at Purdue, and there's some pretty good places. My personal favorite is a hot pot restaurant called O-ishi. There's a popular Korean restaurant, very very very good sushi place, and tons of Chinese restaurant. </p>

<p>In regards to shopping, the closest city to West Lafayette would be Indianapolis, which is about an hour away. The shopping is decent, not the best. For Penn State, the drive to Pittsburgh is about an hour and a half away from Harrisburg and 3-4 hours from Pittsburgh. The shopping in those cities is much, much better. </p>

<p>The campuses are pretty similar in general, though. If you can, visit both and then make your choice. I do think Purdue is more highly recognized throughout the world for engineering...</p>