If I am out of state resident applicant, and self reported my honor courses as HL even though they probably don't fit under the UC honors approved courses, what will happen?

I recently applied to the UC colleges through UC application. I took many honor classes during high school, and so when the application asked me to self report my grades, I marked my honor courses as HL. However, I’m not an in-state resident and I was confused about whether I should mark my courses as HL. I ended up marking them as HL anyways, but after I submitted my application, I’m now unsure whether I should’ve done that since my honor courses are probably not UC approved honor courses. What will they do? Will they just automatically switch my honor courses to NH (non honors) or will they make my application invalid?

The UC’s will know that you are an OOS student and your application will be evaluated in that context. If you are concerned, once you setup your Student portals for the UC’s, just email admissions with the corrections. This happens every year so no worries.