if not uwisc where to?

<p>if you don't go to uwisc where do you think you'll end up?</p>

<p>Maryland(instate)</p>

<p>Penn State</p>

<p>Cheapseats, How many essays did you have to write for the Maryland Application?</p>

<p>king-- First there is the activities. They don't have a place where you list the activities rather a page where you explain them</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
"Please provide a resume or statement describing your community, arts, leadership, athletic, family, and other extracurricular activities and hobbies in the order of interest to you. Describe these activities in a way that tells us what they are and more importantly, what they mean to you."

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>I wrote about 3-5 sentences for all my activites:</p>

<p>Then they wanted a "2-3 page" essay from one of the topics below:</p>

<p>
[Quote]

1.At the University of Maryland, we value a diverse community. How have your life experiences and background shaped you into an individual who will enrich the University of Maryland community?</p>

<p>2.Write a question of your own and respond to it. We encourage you to be thoughtful and creative.</p>

<p>3.If you could meet with any figure in time, historical or otherwise, who would it be and why? Describe your conversation. How has this person impacted you and your values?

[/Quote]
</p>

<p>After they wanted some more: They have this "Niche" section where you write a paragraph on these four topics.</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
Write about your academic interests and the personal or academic experiences that have led to or nurtured those interests. What did you enjoy learning about in high school either through your classes, extra curricular, leisure activities or your involvements in the community? If you have any career aspirations at this point, explain how your interests match these aspirations.</p>

<p>Does multi-disciplinary team research with a faculty mentor, lasting throughout your undergraduate years and dealing with the social implications of science and technology appeal to you? If yes, briefly tell us why and what are some of the interests, experiences and skills that you would bring to such a research team.</p>

<p>Which of the following would you prefer and why. The opportunity to take a wide range of courses across a range of disciplines including the sciences, social sciences, and humanities, or the opportunity to focus on courses in one discipline that deeply interests you?</p>

<p>If you have participated in any TRIO programs (e.g. Educational Opportunity Centers, Student Support Services, Talent Search or Upward Bound) please describe your experiences.

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>Out of these I only answered ?s 1 and 3 because I am not in any TRIO program nor does question two appeal to me. </p>

<p>Funny thing is one of the niche questions I answered with my entire essay from penn state so i guess it is basically 1-5 essays</p>

<p>I was actually interested in Maryland untill I saw the application. Also, their sports teams are horrible right now!!</p>

<p>hey hey hey watch what you say about my terps. :D I can't believe how much they have fallen in the past few years. Hopefully they can pull off a good season next year and recruit some people. They have 6 juniors on the team and you would think that they would be good becuase the team had just won the championship when they signed but they really do suck. </p>

<p>Also it isn't maryland's fault they suck at basketball. Stupid Gilchrist left the terps a year after being ACC MVP and that messed them up. It would have been fine if he had left and had been able to get into the NBA but he didn't even get drafted and now is licking his chops in some league in europe. After Gilchrist, Mccray gets kicked off due to academics. this was going to be the year!!</p>

<p>Maryland won the NCAA soccor championship!</p>

<p>I applied to Texas though so if I go there I don't think there will be any problem in sports. I applied to michigan but their sports scene doesn't seem to be the highest even thought they are consistantly good. Wisconsin has got hockey so that is great to watch when you're there but they have been traditionally good at football and basketball isn't so bad there. Penn state is my last school and they got football and joe pa</p>

<p>Vernon Davis is sick nasty. My man ran a 4.37 40 at the combine, FREAK.</p>

<p>Vernon davis=BEAST. The terps had Lights out Shawne Merriman and he did great at San Diego. Maybe two years of top 5 rookies will be able to turn the program around but every good HS player from maryland went to PSU.</p>

<p>UGA Honors, GA Tech, Umich, American, or NYU.</p>

<p>wow i thought i was the only person like ever to say sick nasty... madd props man</p>

<p>you can say sick nasty when you are talking about Vernon</p>

<p>Vernon could run a 3.0! It wouldn't even make a difference since he had no quarterback on the entire Maryland Team that could get him the ball!!!</p>

<p>that won't make a difference in the NFL. He will have a good enough QB to get him the ball...</p>

<p>Anyone know if postponed people will be able to find housing if accepted? Penn State is already on waitlist... it may have to be Tulane for me.</p>

<p>HELP! i cant decide between ann arbor and madison.. could someone please list the differences and the similarities between the two..
things like the atmosphere, the events, whether students are buried in their books all the time, the residence halls.. anything would help.. thnks!</p>

<p>Madison has a bit more of a fun atmosphere. Otherwise very similar. UM kids are a tad more grade focused.</p>

<p>I learned a lot about Madison and Ann Arbor because I had to make the same decision.</p>

<p>Academics: Michigan has a little bit higher reputation but it's mostly from business school and engineering. Madison is much more stronger in science. In fact, Chinese rated Madison over Michgan.</p>

<p>Campus and city: WI is located on the lake shore; there's no clear boundary between the city and the campus. MI has an isolated campus which is neatly organized and much calmer.</p>

<p>Student body: WI students are more dynamic than MI students; MI students seem to be more focused (spend more time studying). WI students study but also want to hang out; MI students (with some exception) go to library. MI is very diverse racially and regionally. WI is not. Racial issues occur more frequently in Ann Arbor than Madison.</p>

<p>Dorms: I don't know much about this. All I know is that Madison dorms are widerly different from each other, so if you do not choose well you'll end up hating it.</p>