If qualified for "academic admit," are essays not important then?

<p>Apparently I qualify for the "academic admit," but I don't get why all applicants are still required to do two essays. Will the admissions even review the essays if an applicant qualify for the "academic admit"?</p>

<p>Any comments are appreciated</p>

<p>you have to do them for scholarships still</p>

<p>It seems that the scholarship deadline has already passed.</p>

<p>haha well I wouldn’t think it’s too important then</p>

<p>Auto admit gets you into the university, not a major. So the essays might help you get into the major you want. I also don’t think your application will be complete until the receive the essays since it is required.</p>

<p>I realized the auto admit requirement has “class ranking.” What if my school doesn’t rank? Yet I’m doing 6 AP classes, and have straight A’s…</p>

<p>Your counselor has to send an official statement stating that the school doesn’t rank.</p>

<p>@Amandyline, so are you saying that even if my school doesn’t rank, as long as I have awesome grades and course loads, I will still be considered for the auto admit?</p>

<p>^ sadly no.
If your school doesn’t rank you are not considered an automatic admit.
You will be reviewed holistically.
But if your stats are how you say they are, you should have no problem getting in.</p>

<p>Essays are required. I’d show good effort it is part of the application process.</p>

<p>Even though your HS doesn’t rank individually, they will have to send in a GPA Profile so to speak of your class, that the admissions office will use as a guideline to determine approx. where you are in your class ie top quarter etc. </p>

<p>I wrote the above down in notes after attending an admissions session on an A &M visit last year… </p>

<p>I would definitely think the essays are even more important if your school does not rank.</p>

<p>Essay C - the scholarship essay could be skipped as that deadline has passed.</p>

<p>If you are borderline for a major, essays, scores, ECs etc will make the difference.</p>

<p>You can get into the school as qualified but as someone posted a while ago, you may be assigned to a random major (the poster wanted engineering but got something that meant poster had no major allocated). </p>

<p>Agree with rushed mom on how they figure out where you are based on school profile and counselor input.</p>

<p>Irrc, A&M suggests all review applicants submit essay C. </p>

<p>My son’s SAT scores were very slightly below an automatic admit on a single test date, but above using super scoring (which A&M doesn’t do), did all three essays and submitted a resume and two lors and was admitted today.</p>