If you are automatic admit, do you get into engineering automatically?

<p>I just read engineering is a competitive major.</p>

<p>What kind of stats do you typically have to have to get accepted to engineering? What if you don't have them? Are you placed in a university studies major if you are an automatic admit?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know who are the most understandable and articulate physics professors? Are there any physics professors who grew up in the US and so don't have an accent that's hard to understand, who simultaneously explain physics well and give tests that reflect the material covered in class?</p>

<p>Sorry to ask so many questions. I’m not sure my son has turned in his application yet and so he can’t find out this answer on his own. Plus, he’s a high school senior who just doesn’t know yet that majors fill up, etc. I myself didn’t realize that could be the case until I just read another mother’s inquiry! </p>

<p>Thanks for any help. The website to go to apparently is applicant.tamu.edu then you click on AIS to find out if electrical engineering major is full.</p>

<p>I think if he reaches automatic admit,he will has the maximum possibility to get his first choice.If not,you can change your major after enrolled.</p>

<p>I have checked it from my AIS.Sorry to tell you eletrical engineering has filled up…</p>

<p>Most engineering majors are already full, if not all.
These are the ones that have already filled up:
Aerospace Engineering (my major :D)
Biomedical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Engineering Technology
Industrial Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Nuclear Engineering
Ocean Engineering
Petroleum Engineering</p>

<p>I think those are all of the engineering majors available, so that probably means all of the engineering school has filled up. A couple of spots will open May 1st, but idk if your son will be able to get a spot.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>How do I check which majors are full?</p>

<p>On AIS, click on “change my major” and then check the box on the page that comes up. This will take you to the page that has the majors that are full.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>