If you change your major, will your admissions decision take longer to arrive?

Hi! A few weeks after I applied to TAMU, I switched my major on the Howdy portal from BIMS to English. It was approved and my application status page shows my major choice as English now, but I’ve noticed that other review admits that are also majoring in English are already getting accepted. Should I be worried, or is it because I changed my major? I’m not really certain how the decisions come in.

I don’t think it should matter. Once you get admitted to TAMU you get whichever major you want as long as its open (with the exception of engineering/comp sci.)

Im curious about this too. I applied for first major business and second biology and i am a review admit. I was thinking about switching biology to first and something else for second since my chances of getting into business is low. @Thelma2 do u know if this will prolong my wait?

Switching majors will not effect your decision of admissions to A&M or when you will be notified of the admissions decision. What is in the 1. and 2. spot has no bearing on when you are notified of your decision.

The only thing that affects your admissions decision is your qualifications for admission into the university. Are you thinking your chance of getting into Mays is low due to your stats or because Mays might be full by the time you recieve your admission decision?

If you do not receive full admission to A&M, you will be offered another pathway (or pathways) to admission. If Blinn Team is one of those pathways, there exists a guaranteed admissions partnership between A&M and Blinn. I would jump on it in a heartbeat if you truly want Mays. http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements/BuadWorksheet2016.pdf