If you have any questions

<p>Feel free to ask.. my dad has taught here for 16 years, and I know more than I should about the school.</p>

<p>Thanks, Yargg. I have a few questions. Its hard to find ANY references on Stetson University. I know that the price of tuition there is compatible to ivy league schools, but when you say Harvard or Yale or even Duke everybody knows what they are.. and nothing at all is known about Stetson. What is good there? What programs are considered strong? My son is planning to major in accounting and I am a bit confused about the way this major is worded on their web-site - "Accounting information systems"... Is it an accredited accounting program? Is it true that, considering other good stats, an undergraduate background in Stetson is going to be advantageous compared to state schools when it comes to future admissions to Ivy League Law school?
Thank you.</p>

<p>Honostly, I'm not really sure about the Accounting program.. I'll see if I can find out though. Stetson tends to play up their business school, but really i don't think it is their best... their strong suits lie in the school of arts and sciences, and the school of music.. at least thats my perception.</p>

<p>If your son has the ability to shine at a state school, particularly one with a big name (like UF, UCLA, UCB, etc.) than I would send him there... its cheaper, and i think will be more advantageous to his future enrollment in Ivy League Law school. Stetson has a good reputation locally/in the state, but it is not well known out of state.</p>

<p>Can you list the other schools that your son is looking at? That would help me compair stetson to his other options.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. The situation is as following - while still in HS, my son was taking a bunch of classes in a local Community college, including accounting, statistics etc and we thought that he would go to FSU (we have a small FSU campus in our town in FL), major in accounting and then apply to a "big name" law school. He applied to Stetson because his friend was admitted there last year. Well, needless to say - they gave him a scholarship, so for quite some time we were sure that he goes to Stetson. Now that he has changed his mind - its too late to apply anywhere for 2006. Well, he applied for spting 2007 to UF and FSU. I am reluctant to send him to UF though. I have read some comments that the school is too big, that people feel themselves numbers, not humans there, there is no individual attention at all, and living there is like living on Mardi Gra 24/7. FSU seem to be a lot smaller and quieter. He does not like a l lot of partying around so I guess may be FSU better suites his personality. I dont know... You are welcome to express your opinion. Thank you.</p>

<p>Ok, so this is totally my opinion, but if you feel UF will not be academicly-oriented enough for him, FSU would be a big mistake. At least from my HS in Daytona, all of the hardest working/smartest kids who go instate go to UF.</p>

<p>Also, FSU is known mostly for the humanities... music/art/etc. while UF is known for its math and science, as well as its good law school(always good to have a backup to the Ivy League)</p>

<p>If you feel that partying/big schools wouldn't be a good thing, and the scholarship is large enough that stetson is affordable, i would say that it might be the best choice.</p>

<p>I am interested in applying to Stetson I wanted to see if I could get some feedback from students on how much of the typical liberal agenda i can expect. If so, in what areas of study?</p>

<p>I think you should take a second look at FSU. First of all, FSU's accounting program is rated #24 nationally (See: FSU</a> Highlights ). Secondly, I have two daughters at FSU now and the oldest (now a senior) is a biochem major in the FSU Honors Program who is now applying to med school. She's received interest from Duke, Emory, UNC, and Wake; not to mention UF, FSU and USF med programs. Don't sell FSU short - it has some excellent programs that are better than those at UF. FSU Law applicants currently have better LSAT scores than applicants at UF Law. (See: [url=<a href="http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/highlights.html%5DHighlights%5B/url"&gt;http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/highlights.html]Highlights[/url&lt;/a&gt;] )</p>