If you love the Bard

<p>This looks like fun. There is a performance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well. </p>

<p>The University of Alabama’s College of Engineering Does Amateur Radical Theater, or COE Does ART - The Complete Works of Shakespeare</p>

<p>Performances will be Friday, Nov. 11, at 7 p.m.,
and Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 12 and 13, at 2 p.m. in H.M. Comer Hall, room 126.
Tickets can be purchased for $5 at the door or for $4 with the donation of cans for Beat Auburn Beat Hunger.</p>

<p>The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)” is a fast-paced, irreverent parody of the plays written by William Shakespeare. Each of the 37 plays is performed in a shortened form by only three actors. It’s a collection of characters and a maze of plots that keeps the audience laughing and, often, confused!</p>

<p>COE Does ART, a student-led organization established in January 2007 at The University of Alabama, aims at disproving the stereotype that engineers are not capable of producing creative works of art.</p>

<p>Our local community theater org. performed this a couple of years ago and it is hysterical. I highly recommend it. My DD saw it with me, and if she wasn’t at Duke with the UA Model UN group, I’m sure she would be in the audience this weekend.
Break a Leg, COE Does ART!!</p>

<p>BTW…for those who’d like to participate in some future performance, you don’t have to be an engineering major…they accept anyone.</p>

<p>My D will be there. She loves the DVD called “Reduced Shakespeare”. It sounds quite a bit like this play.</p>

<p>DS and girlfriend (prospective 'Bama student) will be there tomorrow. It sounds like they’ll enjoy themselves.</p>

<p>I hope many kids support this.</p>

<p>Performances will be Friday, Nov. 11, at 7 p.m.,</p>

<p>and Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 12 and 13, at 2 p.m. </p>

<p>in H.M. Comer Hall, room 126. </p>

<p>Tickets can be purchased for $5 at the door or for $4 with the donation of cans for Beat Auburn Beat Hunger.</p>

<p>My D went to last night’s performance and loved it! She was picked out of the audience to participate. As it turns out, one of her friends was in the play. </p>

<p>You do not need to be a fan of Shakespeare to enjoy this production. It is a faced-paced and hilarious play. Hope the folks will support the production. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>loring: did you S and GF enjoy the Shakespeare show?</p>

<p>^^^ Have not yet heard. I’ll let you know. I’m sure they had a good time.</p>