If you repeat a class, do UCs cancel out the original?

<p>For example, if I took Algebra over the summer and got a C, and then retook it during the year and got an A, do they cancel out that C from your calculated UC GPA or am I stuck with it?</p>

<p>UCs will only use the repeated grade if the original grade was a D or a F, so your C still counts in your UC GPA.</p>

<p>Also, it is important to note that if you repeat the course in your senior year we will not have the grade soon enough to replace the grade. Remember the GPA is only calculated for the sophomore and junior years.</p>

<p>I dont need to worry about repeating grades. I dont like that policy. That C hurts my grade (brings it down .13 about). So basically I couldve just failed a test on purpose and gotten a D, and then been able to cancel it out. Thats stupid. Oh well....</p>

<p>Wait...if I took it summer after freshman year thats not considered freshman year is it? That would be nice if it was.</p>

<p>I think it counts for sophomore year if you took it after freshman year</p>

<p>What if you repeat a course during the summer between Junior and Senior year? Will these courses count?</p>

<p>Also my school completely removes the initial grade of the repeated class and replaces it with a "R". Also on the UC website it states the following:</p>

<p>"Grades 9, 10 and 11</p>

<p>All grades for all academic courses completed in grades 9, 10 and 11 must be reported. If a course is repeated, both the initial and repeated course and grades earned for both must be shown. Grades earned in the ninth grade will not be used in the GPA calculation for admission purposes."</p>

<p>How can I provide/prove my initial grade when my school completely erases it?</p>