Ignatian Scholarship

<p>Does anyone know if the Ignatian Scholarship covers just tuition or room/board also?</p>

<p>Thanks!:)</p>

<p>according to Loyola</a> University Chicago- Loyola Scholarships 2009 - 2010, they are full tuition scholarships.</p>

<p>I got my email. Did anyone else? If anyone did, can you post your email so we can see how it was like? I don't know if mine was a standard 'rejection' email or if it was implying that I was the runner up.</p>

<p>Well, I got the scholarship, but I'm not sure if what I got is the "standard" congratulations email. I got a phone call first, and after we discussed some things he sent me the email, but in the body were just some points referencing what we talked about on the phone. The actual letter was an attachment. Would you still like me to post it?</p>

<p>yes, post it</p>

<p>Dear Veronika, </p>

<p>On behalf of the Ignatian scholarship selection committee at Loyola University Chicago, I am pleased to award you an Ignatian Scholarship for full tuition beginning the 2009-2010 academic term valued at over $120,000 over the next four years. </p>

<p>The selection committee and the Honors Council extend their warm congratulations. You are an exceptional student who stood out in many ways amongst your peers. We value your diverse experience and interests. Your success in a wide range of fields from art to literature to biology is quire impressive! The College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to welcome you as a biology major. Your leadership and academic curiosity indicates that you are a fine representative of what Loyola is looking for in its Class of 2013. We look forward to you joining us at Loyola. </p>

<p>The terms of the scholarship are: full tuition for a total of eight semesters of consecutive, full-time enrollment or the completion of the baccalaureate degree, whichever occurs first, commencing with the academic year 2009-2010. The scholarship requires a full-time academic program, membership in the Honors Program each semester and adherence to the Scholarship Renewal Policy Loyola</a> University Chicago- Scholarship Renewal Policy. It can be used to cover tuition at Loyola's John Felice Rome Center and Loyola's Beijing Center campuses. The scholarship does not cover summer school, part-time or graduate tuition. This scholarship is restricted to tuition and will replace any previously awarded merit-based scholarship. </p>

<p>Please know that the Loyola community wishes to share your selection with your high school so a copy of this letter is being sent to your high school principal. </p>

<p>We look forward to hearing about your final decision to accept this award by Friday, April 10, 2009. Confirmation can be made by contacting me and then submitting your tuition deposit via the Next Stop: Admitted Student Portal. If you need more time to finalize your decision please know an extension can be granted by writing and informing me via email at <a href="mailto:ckatz@luc.edu">ckatz@luc.edu</a>. On behalf of the entire Loyola community and in particular, the Honors faculty members, we look forward to working with you throughout your college career. </p>

<p>Sincerely, </p>

<p>Claudio Katz, Ph.D.</p>

<p>Director, Interdisciplinary Honors Program</p>

<p>Thanks for posting your email. Can someone else who didn't get the scholarship post their email? I'm just wondering how a 'rejection' email looked because my email seemed to apply that I was the runner-up.</p>

<p>Congratulations! I am curious to know what it takes to get this scholarship?</p>

<p>bump…
what does it take to get this scholarship (besides the prerequisites they give)??</p>

Hi! I got an interview for this scholarship and i was wondering if I could ask you a couple quesitions