I'm a Hokie

<p>So today I received my last letter from a college. Being a denial my college choice, as you can guess is Virginia Tech. So who else out there is going for sure?</p>

<p>I have to choose between this and JMU, and I am 98% sure I will be going here.</p>

<p>Can I get your stats since you got admitted? Mostly GPA? My S is looking to apply there in another year. Thanks!</p>

<p>ill give u mine :D 1350/1990 SAT, 3.4 uw/3.7w GPA. Accepted early notification and invited to apply to honors (haven't heard back yet), offered 5000 in merit so far. I will almost definately be going.</p>

<p>heres mine too if it helps..</p>

<p>4.0 w/ 3.7 u/w
1270/1950 SAT
6 APs
Lots of ECs</p>

<p>Got 12K for a cadet scholarship
Didnt apply for eng. (int'l studies)</p>

<p>im deciding b/w here, penn state, and the university of delaware. im torn. im still waiting for all my FA packages</p>

<p>vt- $5,000 merit scholarship >waiting on FA- 9k as of now
del- $8000 merit scholarship/yr >waiting on FA- 17k as of now
penn state- $26,000 merit scholarship/yr (covers tuition for all 4 years + a few small scholarships) >FA covers the difference so it will be free</p>

<p>Wow, afro, free for PSU? That would be tough to pass up on! Congratulations! Penn State is a wonderful school and very tough to get $ from for out of state kids (I know, I called them to ask about it for my son! :) As a college grad who finished paying off her school loans the week before giving birth to the aforementioned son, I say take the money and run right on to getting a great education! If most, not even all of the other variables are there for Penn State, the school is strong in your intended major, you like the campus, etc., choosing it would be a no brainer for me.</p>

<p>SAT I: 720 CR 730 M 530 W
SAT IIs: 700 Physics, 670 Math II
GPA: 3.1 weighted
1 AP
So So ECs</p>

<p>PSU with $26K in merit..congratulations! That school is a tightwad.Son only had $10K with a loan in it..bahh</p>

<p>thanks guys</p>

<p>KandK: actually i intend to me a meteorologist and ironically penn state has the best meteorology program in the nation. Im just still really nervous because i dont want to make a wrong choice. so im still considering tech and delaware</p>

<p>sunnydad: yeah i initially recieved on 7k in FA OOS so i had easily ruled it out (i qualified for a Pell Grant). But i later found out that a qualified and was accepted to the scholars program which gave me the scholarship.</p>

<p>3.9 uw/4.1 w, 9th in the class, 1200/1820 SATs, 780 US History, 660 Math I, 7 APs, tons of ec and leadership.</p>