I'm getting mixed answers. Do UCs look at senior grades?

<p>I’m a senior right now and I have a 4.33 UC scale GPA from 10th to 11th but so far, I’m doing poorly in all my classes because of college apps and overloaded myself with 6 AP classes.</p>

<p>I had all As in my 10-11th grade except 1 B but I currently have 4 Bs and only 3 As. I was told I only need to maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA but I was also told if UCs see a significant drop in my GPA, then it’s just as bad as getting a D/F on my transcript and therefore negatively affect my admission. </p>

<p>Can anyone confirm this?</p>

<p>blablaboi1, The UC’s won’t see your senior grades until you submit your final transcript (July 15 deadline). While they would prefer to see you maintain what you did in junior year, I believe they’ll cut you a little slack, especially if you can pull some of the those B’s up to A’s in 2nd semester. The other thing they’ll be looking for on your transcript is if you actually took the classes you self reported for senior year. Rigor still counts. 6 AP’s looks very good, and I think that may offset some of those B’s. I think you’ll be ok, just do the best you can while still enjoying your senior year. Good luck!</p>

<p>They do look at your senior grade, but it’s not a huge deal. In fact, they won’t even see your senior grades until after acceptances have already been sent out. The only thing you should worry about is getting a D or an F during senior year because it just might cause them to revoke admission.</p>

<p>For anyone else’s reference, they do get a chance to look at your senior courses when you send in your application. Those are also a factor… but not a huge one.</p>

<p>Let me correct the two misinformed posts.</p>

<p>UC will only use senior grades if you are requested to submit them under Augmented Review (AR), which is rare. AR basically means you are on the bubble and they are looking for more reasons to admit you.</p>

<p>Second, senior grades come into play if you need to appeal a campus admission decision.</p>

<p>btw: if you earn a D or worse, you had better fess up and tell them pronto.</p>

<p>I believe you need to maintain 3.0 uw for Cal & UCLA and a 3.0 w for everyone else.</p>

<p>I don’t see how my post was misinformed? Your high school should send the UC’s your transcript containing your senior grades once you graduate. Of course, this is far past the admissions process and won’t be a factor; unless of course, you receive a D or an F in something.</p>

<p>^^bcos this your statement is not only not a “fact”, it is incorrect.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UC will see senior grades under Augmented Review. And they WILL be used for admissions.</p>

<p>blue is correct. Your senior grade matters if UC requests for it (usually in January for a small number of borderline applicants) or if you want to appeal. Otherwise, as long as final transcript doesn’t have D or F and your uw is 3.0. You are fine.</p>

<p>I see. Carry on then :P</p>

<p>Just don’t get anything worse than a B and I think you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>I’m confused. </p>

<p>There are two possible scenarios:

1. I must keep a minimum of 3.0 UW GPA.
  2. My senior GPA cannot be significantly lower than my 10-11th GPA. I was told that if UCs see a significant drop in my senior year GPA even if I get at least 3.0 UW GPA, then they can revoke my admission. Can anyone confirm this?</p>

<ol>
<li><p>If I recall, believe the 3.0 uw is for Cal & UCLA. The others is 3.0 w.</p></li>
<li><p>They can revoke, but it is highly unlikely, and not worth worrying about as long as you maintain all B’s or better.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>It depends on if they consider 4 Bs a significant drop. It certainly isn’t as bad as a D/F as you stated earlier. I honestly think you’ll be fine, but to stay on the safe side, try everything you can to get the grades up.</p>

<p>Im wondering, so OP, did u get revoked? Bc im very scared about it too and got depressed that i slacked off. I got almost straight A’s junior year and now im looking at 4 B’s on my progress report with the same courseload as junior year. I just want to know the importance of my senior grades</p>

<p>Enajmu: if you look at any recent posts from OP, you will see that he is currently attending UCLA. So, most likely he/she did not get revoked!</p>

<p>If you go from a 4.0 to a 3.0 your senior year, the school might be concerned, depending on what college you are interested in. If the majority of admits are 4.0+, then they would want to see a final GPA that stays in that area.</p>

<p>I know somebody who got 2 Ds and an F his second semester of senior year and Davis still didn’t revoke him. Now, I don’t recommend you doing this, but getting 4 Bs shouldn’t be a problem.</p>

<p>Can you send in your first semester senior year grades to the UCs for admissions even if they don’t request it and you’re not appealing?</p>

<p>Nope…</p>

<p>Damnit.</p>

<p>…10char</p>