I'm here in CG, ...any ????

<p>Fear not m-3-s....hopefully you son will find as mine did....OrgoII is a breeze once you finally get through Orgo I. :) </p>

<p>fjm...there is a "Super Shuttle" that goes from MIA to campus. $11.00. You can book through the net. There is an application process to do research, I don't know whether it is guaranteed or not. My son did his research in the summer but I do know that it is possible year-round.</p>

<p>I did dual-enrollment during high school (taking college classes for both high school and college credit) and did up to Organic Chemistry 2.</p>

<p>So, now in my freshman semester my advisor signed me up for Chem488 (I think that's what it's called) and that is research with a chemistry professor. There was no application process, just good grades (A's) in General Chemistry 1 and 2 and Organic Chemistry 1 and 2. So I'm meeting with the professor assigned to me today.... not sure if I'm an exception but I am doing research in my freshman year!</p>

<p>FJM -
My D is doing a research project with a prof and team of grad and undergrad students, although she is the youngest (soph). Last spring she had to initiate the contact with the prof and interview with a grad student (I think there was an online listing she could choose from??). After being accepted, she had to work the rest of her schedule to accomodate the research - its a big chunk of time but she's very excited about it (she's an Ed/Psych double major).</p>

<p>Thanks for the replys, that cleared things up for me. Also, is housing guaranteed for freshman, or is it first come first serve until they are filled?</p>

<p>Yes, freshman get housing. I know that this year they had more students than housing and have put some kids up in local hotels until housing has been found or completed.</p>

<p>Well, we had a fun time last week. S and roommate are all settled in, loft beds are up and they have successfully set up their sitting area with TV, XBox, etc. i believe they have even had a floor wide XBox tourney or two already where they networked about 6 XBoxes together in different rooms via the school connection, and have met every Frat on campus last I heard, LOL. They are kind of bummed out that Miami blocks XBox Live from being able to get connected via the network though.</p>

<p>One nice thing, we went over to Hecht on Thursday night to scout it out and met a couple of the RA's. After talking to them, they told son to go ahead and check in, it would be OK, so we did, and then made a run back to the hotel to get all his stuff and moved it into his dorm room that night. So we didn't have to deal with the whole moving in day stuff on Friday, that sure made it easy!!! And lucky, LOL.</p>

<p>Sorry i didn't catch up to anyone at the Rat Saturday night, bummer. Would have liked to put a few faces to some on line handles.</p>

<p>The campus was gorgeous (hmm, I never did see a classroom, you guys sure there are any and its not just a 3-4 year resort stay for these kids??????), the dorms were, wellllll, dorms, small but adequate I think. The facilities were sweet, particularly that Wellness Center and the arena. Pretty compact campus which will be good for the kids, but still big enough not to feel cramped.</p>

<p>JD</p>