I'm not eligible for ELC?

I’m not eligible for ELC?

I submitted my UC app yesterday and it saids i am not qualified for ELC program…

but i have UC gpa of 4.1 how is that possible? and when i calculate my class rank at my hs, it saids i am top 8%…

How UC determines schools’ historic GPAs

Since the inception of the ELC program, participating schools have submitted transcripts for the top 12.5 percent (15 percent beginning in 2011) of their students, with parental permission. Using this information, we have established a historic, or benchmark, GPA representing the expected GPA for the top 9 percent of the students from each school.

Schools are periodically requested to submit transcripts so that we can monitor — and reset, if necessary — their benchmark GPA.

You may not be ELC eligible for your HS, but you are probably ELC eligible by the statewide path.
Older son had a UC GPA of 4.17 but was eligible by the statewide path not the local HS.
Link for the calculator: http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/california-residents/admissions-index/index.html

ELC only guarantees if not accepted into your CHOICE UC, then you will offered a spot at UC Merced (sometimes Riverside) if there is room.
You can still get into an UC without having ELC.

But do most people qualify for the ELC who are accepted to UCs? Like top tiers and mid tiers

Most people who qualify for ELC already have great stats, which is how they even qualified. Obviously, many of them will be accepted to mid and top tier UCs, but ELC has nothing to do with their admission at that level.

So if i am not eligible for ELC but eligible for statewide, I will not have decent chance of getting accepted to mid and top tier UCs?

This from the FAQ on the UC website:

Question: Will the UC campus guarantee admission to Eligibility in the Local Context (ELC) students for fall 2015?
Answer: No. However, ELC status is taken into account in the application review process.

You can still get into a UC by not being ELC eligible but it will help. There are no guarantees that ELC eligible applicants will get into any UC either. There is always the disclaimer (if there is room).

All you can do is apply, hope for the best and have some good safety schools on your list.