I'm so undecided, it's killing me with stress!

<p>Okay. So here’s the scoop. I have two D’s, now that first semester of Junior year is ending. A D in Geometry my freshman year. And a D in PreCalc my first semester of Junior year. Throughout the years in highschool. I have always gotten A and Bs in English, Spanish, Science, Electives etc… I haven’t done much volunteer hours. I really wanted go to a UC, terribly. But, I’m not sure what UCs are available to a someone like me. I have yet to take the SATs, ACTs. But, will take classes on them before senior year.</p>

<p>tl;dr Which UCs are available to my GPA?</p>

<p>Freshman grades aren’t used in calculating UC GPA for admissions. I hope you took a lot of AP/Honors to pull that GPA up because honestly, that D is going to hurt. If you pull up your precalc grade way up in the second semester, you might have a shot at most of the UCs. In other words, try to get straight A’s because improvement is a big plus to these schools.</p>

<p>Well. I currently have 4 As and C and that D. The C is a 85% in APush. If I do pull up my grades, I still wouldn’t know what UC to attend. I like film/editing and computer parts. But, I’m not good with any math.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>It would help if we knew your GPA.</p>

<p>^^Honestly, just go to a CSU/trade school/art school. They actually teach you skills in those areas you’re interested in. At research universities like the UCs…they just mostly teach you the theory. So if you like computers, you will learn about how computers work instead of actually building them. I know Computer Science/Computer Engineering students who have nightmaresque programming assignments…and it’s more math than you would ever care to learn. If you like film editing, you will probably have to take many irrelevant lectures on art history or something…If you just want practical skills for a career in the areas you’ve mentioned, don’t go to a UC lol. There are quicker and cheaper options.</p>

<p>@oceanpartier, what schools would you recommend? I would like to be around California, but out of state is fine as well.</p>

<p>I also like Computer science, but again. I’m really weak at math. Maybe if I actually did something I liked. I would learn it easier.</p>

<p>If you are weak in math, forget comp sci. What is your gpa? </p>

<p>Have you looked at Chapman?</p>