I'm taking the SAT tomorrow. What should I aim for?

<p>GPA: 3.5 UW - 3.75W (However, I got a D last semester in AP Calc, but this semester I have a B, and I'm planning on passing the AP test)

<p>AP/Honors Classes: HL Pre-Calc, AP Calc, AP US, AP Eng, HL Chem, HL Span 3, AP Eng, AP Stats, AP Gov/Econ, AP Psych</p>

<p>EC's/Community Service/Awards: Tennis, CSF, Foreign Foods Club (VP), Journalism (Focus Editor), Early Academic Outreach Program, Relay 4 Life, Key Club (VP), Random Acts of Kindness Club, Conservation Club, Certificate of Scholastic Achievement, Circle B Athletic Award, Block B Academic Letter, and "Most Consistent Player" - Tennis.</p>

<p>Also 2 immediate family members had/have cancer during my high school years. My essay topic is about Relay 4 Life....I will have done it for 5 yrs, and the team I'm on with my high school friends should have raised over 50k dollars. And I should have 2 really great recommendation letters.</p>

<p>So with all of that information, what SAT score should I aim for. What score would give me a really good shot at getting into my dream school?</p>

<p>Hi there! I like your stats, and don't worry, the whole D in AP calculus is not unusual (im ean it's CALCULUS! you have to incredibly smart to understand that, i can't even understand algebra II, but that's besides the fact.) Anyways, for you, I'd say getting a 580 in each subject will be good enough to get by. To get a scholarship, you should get a 680 in each section (1360 is their cutoff and for the honors program as well.) People get in with 1600's (on the new scale,) so sat wise it's not too hard, but just do as well as you can and remember, EAT CHOCOLATE! That helps.</p>

<p>oh...wait a minute...sat's over. nevermind (oops sorry! i hope it at least went well for you.)</p>

<p>Thanks jeremybeach for your opinion. </p>

<p>I know UM doesn't require the writing section, so I didn't really worry about the writing section. </p>

<p>For Math I think I did pretty well. I doubt I missed more than 10. I estimated that I missed about 8 questions, so 69/77 questions is pretty good...right? </p>

<p>Critical Reading???? I don't really know, I think I have the right answer, but in the end there is always a better one. </p>

<p>So for my first try without studying, I'm estimating a 600-700 on the math, and a 500-600 on cr.</p>

<p>I got in cause for international admissions its different that for domestic students. getting in as an international student is a lot easier than for a domestic student. a 1660 for a domestic student might be quite low. However u should get in with a 1770-1800 range. Miami is already extremely difficult to get in however its still humanly possible to get in lol :D</p>

<p>Oh I made mistake when I said 77 questions, I meant to say ~57</p>

<p>SoCal18, you'll be in good shape :D. No worries. As long as you get around a 1200 (+ or - 50), you'll be excellent!</p>