Im worried about getting into a college?

<p>I live in virginia. Im a minority. Im getting an advanced diploma. But I have a problem. There are c's on my report card. 2 per year. I suck at math and science. Va colleges are soo difficult to get into. I dont want to go to community college. What should I do?</p>

<p>What is your GPA? SAT score?</p>

<p>I think my gpa is around a 2.8. Ive gotten above a 3.0 all years but averaged its a 2.8. My sat score was in the 1500’s but im taking it again. Can I still bring my gpa up?</p>

<p>VCU and George Mason aren’t terrible to get into. And your stats qualify you for Radford off the bat.</p>

<p>And I mean, based on your extracurricular activities, you may even have a shot at JMU.</p>

<p>Definitely don’t rule out a 4-year college - Virginia has ENOUGH colleges and choices for ALL students. Only go to community college if you don’t get accepted to 4-years.</p>

<p>And make sure and apply to at least 5, so that way your chances at 4-year admission are higher.</p>

<p>Good luck :)</p>

<p>another to consier is Christopher Newport.</p>

<p>You could check out the HBCUs in Virginia. There is, of course, Hampton, and also [five</a> others](<a href=“White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity through Historically Black Colleges and Universities | U.S. Department of Education”>White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity through Historically Black Colleges and Universities | U.S. Department of Education) that you could look into. I don’t know anything about them except for Hampton (and the only thing I know about Hampton is that it seems to be quite strict, at least on freshmen students), but they are worth a look into. I’m not saying that the students at HBCUs are inferior to their PWI counterparts, but I’ve noticed HBCUs, for whatever reason, tend to be more accepting of the 2.8s and 1500s and Cs on transcripts of their matriculants.</p>

<p>with a 2.8 gpa, i think your best choices are christopher newport and radford.</p>

<p>ive recently found out that my gpa is now a 3.1. Do I have any other choices?</p>

<p>Of course you do! Good matches with those stats would be Virginia Union, Hampden-Sydney, Marymount College, Roanoke College, Randolph-Macon College, and Virginia Wesleyan.</p>

<p>don’t be discouraged. there are so many fine schools out there with very high acceptance rate. focus on what you want and where you think you can thrive. are you better suited for a large state school, like Florida State, Indiana or Arizona. do you need a smaller school with a more nurturing environment, like any one of scores of small liberal arts colleges with high acceptance rates (e.g., college of wooster). would you prefer being at a historically black college, like several schools. in other words, focus on what is important to you and where you think you can thrive and develop and then look within that.</p>

<p>Oops, Hampden-Sydney is all men’s. :p</p>