Important Question about ECs??

<p>HI people.</p>

<p>I am applying now to Purdue for fall 2012. I am about to send my transcript to them. </p>

<p>I had a doubt regarding extra curricular activities. In the Purdue app, there is hardly any place to describe my ECs. The box is very small.
Am I supposed to keep going on in the small box, because the small box doesn't limit words?</p>

<p>Or is it better to send them a copy of my resume and detailed description of all my ECs and volunteer stuff? (As a hardcopy with transcript)?</p>

<p>Will they look at a resume? Or will it seem like I'm going too far and they'll have a bad opinion of me?</p>

<p>Also, is there a better place on the online app to put the ECs and volunteer stuff, if not?</p>

<p>Lastly, are teacher recommendations really helpful?</p>

<p>Thanks! Please some respond...</p>

<p>I just put a short bit about all my EC in the box provided. I think I had 5 of them with a short description. As for teacher recommendations I sent 2 from teachers that were relevant to my intended major and I am not sure if they helped or not, but it cannot hurt to send them.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, I just put what extracurricular I did and for how long. I went more in depth in the additional information section further along the way. I suppose it can’t hurt to have short descriptions but I wouldn’t go too crazy.
I don’t think they want resumes or letters of recommendations (other than the high school counselor form) because after all lots of people apply and they won’t have time/patience to look at all of them. But if you want you can send them an email and ask. Good luck!</p>