Impressed by Uof A

<p>I share this because I am so impressed. My D got a phone call yesterday(Sunday) from the local Southern California Admissions rep. She called my daughter and invited her to join her for a cup of coffee and answer any questions she has about the school. My D was admitted back in August.
The rep also invited her to bring any friends who might be interested in the school. I was impressed by the offer. UofA does a great job in the follow up to accepted students.</p>

<p>Well done…</p>

<p>That is fantastic! Bama definitely shows the love. You will likely receive more letters, information and phone calls. What is your D’s major? Roll Tide!</p>

<p>She applied to the school of Communications.</p>

<p>The School of Communiciations is top notch. Google Howell Raines, a Bama alum, who was an editor for the NY Times. I think the PR Dept is in this School, and it is one of the best in the nation. UA is building a new multimillion dollar digital media center in a part of Bryant Denny Stadium. Lots of good things happening at UA. Welcome to UA!</p>

<p>Reece Davis of ESPN fame is a product of UA’s communications school. Mel Allen (longtime voice of the NY Yankees) and Harper Lee are probably the most notable historical alums.</p>

<p>Good luck to your daughter wherever she ends up. Hopefully she’ll choose to Roll with The Tide.</p>

<p>Thanks all for the insights and kind words. Much appreciated.</p>