"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

<p>Hi, I’m another mom in LA, (South Bay area). 35 mins from USC, 45 mins from UCLA, 45 mins from LMU.</p>

<p>Anyone in London England by any chance? D is at UCL till New Years.</p>

<p>I live in the same town as Illinois Wesleyan University and Illinois State University. I would be happy to help out in those circumstances. What a wonderful thread. Private message for contact.</p>

<p>Quote:
I am in the city of Pittsburgh, just a few minutes from CMU, Pitt, Chatham, Carlow, and Duquesne. I hope that I haven’t missed any.</p>

<p>Quote: You missed Point Park University for sure, and depending where you are, you may be close to Robert Morris.</p>

<p>OOps, sorry; I don’t know how I could have forgotten those two. Two of my nieces went to Point Park. Robert Morris campus is a bit farther but doable.</p>

<p>To the moderators, I wonder if we could somehow lock this thread and start a new one or somehow have people opt back in. This was started in 2007 and I am positive that some of the posters have not come back on this forum, have moved and many would be quite surprised to hear from a frantic parent asking them to help out their college student.</p>

<p>I’ve never heard of a community college denying someone just because they don’t live next door so you should be fine.
You may have to pay a small amount more for being out-of-county, but that depends on the community college. If you go to their website and look at tuition costs they’ll probably tell you right there.</p>

<p>I’m the parent of a high schooler and live near to the UW Madison campus, I also grew up near campus and have many UW professor friends and family members who have attended UW Madison.</p>

<p>Our son attends Yale University and we live 10 miles away. all back roads! He also attended high school in New HAVEN. If I can be of any assistance feel free to email me…</p>

<p>teacher<em>N</em><a href="mailto:Coach@yahoo.com">Coach@yahoo.com</a></p>

<p>I’m a teacher in MI, near U of Michigan, Wayne State, University of Detroit PM my D if I can help. Any folks near Baylor in Waco?</p>

<p>I live in Boulder and would be happy to answer any questions about the college or the area. My daughter and several of her friends have taken classes there while in high school. I also know a couple of professors.</p>

<p>I’m a Mom who lives in Ventura County, CA. We are close to a lot of campuses, however, with traffic some would take longer than noted:</p>

<p>Cal State Channel Islands- 5 min.
Cal Lutheran- 15 min.
UCSB- 45 minutes
Westmont- 40 minutes
UCLA- 1 hour
USC- 1 hour
Cal State Northridge- 45 min.
Pepperdine-35 min.</p>

<p>I live a block from Franklin & Marshall (also an alum) and if the little dear from NY doesn’t move his van from in front of my house where he left it while on Spring break I’m going to leave him a very nasty note on his windshield! That’ll teach him!
DD is at MoHo and DS is about to begin this whole process.</p>

<p>I’m a Mum of 3 children - 2 currently at university - University hospital Birmingham UK and Worcester college Oxford university. My third will start drama school in London in October.
I live very close to Birmingham & Stratford Upon Avon (England - midlands) and an hour from Oxford. I’m 2hrs from London but know it well as I lived there for 12 years pre kids.</p>

<p>Willing to be an emergency help number for any students/their families or available for advice on studying in the UK. (England rather than Scotland)</p>

<p>email me if you have any questions.</p>

<p>I am near Winthrop Univ and Queens College and can help out in emergency situations if a parent lives far away.</p>

<p>I’m in Nassau County NY close to Hofstra, Adelphi, Molloy, SUNY Farmingdale and not far from NYC.</p>

<p>Jr. will be at St. Mike’s</p>

<p>I’m in Washington, DC metro area–suburban Maryland. Near No. Va., Maryland, and DC colleges–too numerous to mention, but UMd, College Park, very close, Georgetown, GW, Catholic,American U.–PM me if your student would like support or help. Respectful of young adults without being intrusive; happy to give emotional support during exams, etc. Mom of three.</p>

<p>I am 25 minutes from Bard College. Approx. 1 hour from Vassar, Marist, New Paltz, U Albany. Happy to help in emergencies but am more familiar with Bard than the others. PM me if help needed. Thanks, PSM</p>

<p>We’re a husband (former Brandeis faculty), wife (pediatrician), and daughter (HS class of 2015) outside Cambridge and Boston, a half hour or less from from MIT, Harvard, Brandeis, Wellesley, Tufts, Olin, etc.</p>

<p>I work at Rutgers New Brunswick (Busch campus), Live near Princeton, TCNJ, and Rider</p>

<p>Hello from Ohio! Surrounded by many schools -I am 18 miles from The College of Wooster, about 50 minutes from Kenyon and Ashland, about an hour, give or take, from Denison, Walsh, University of Akron, Malone, Mt. Union. About 90 minutes from Cleveland and 2 hours from Columbus.</p>

<p>Dallasite here. I’m available for SMU or UNTx. And if anyone is in the Claremont CA area, please let me know~…thats where mine is heading!</p>