"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

<p>I am less than 1 mile from Swarthmore (I guess that makes me a "townie") and within striking distance of many other western suburb colleges such as Villanova and St. Joe's. PM or email me and I'll give you my cell.</p>

<p>Boston and Cambridge area schools + Brandeis </p>

<p>pm me for contact info</p>

<p>Rochester Area, NY</p>

<p>I live a few miles from SUNY Geneseo, one of my offices is across the street from the Eastman School (University of Rochester), and another office is a couple of miles from both the U of R River Campus and Rochester Institute of Techology (right by the airport). I know and work with people fluent in ASL if the issue is with an NTID student at RIT. </p>

<p>I also have an office close to SUNY Binghamton, but am not there that often. I'd be more helpful answering questions about the local stuff...</p>

<p>Feel free to PM if anyone has questions</p>

<p>Thanks for the info about the titles, curm. I never paid attention to that before.</p>

<p>Hey SpringfieldMom, is it too early or too late to ask you to harass a soon-to-be grad from Swarthmore to get his "fancy" clothes over to the dry cleaners in the ville? ;) He may need to wear them in a week or so.</p>

<p>Give me his phone no. I'll call him and say I'm from the fashion police.</p>

<p>I forgot to mention Spellman, Atlanta U, Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Georgia State U.</p>

<p>I live and work at the edge of the Brown campus.</p>

<p>Attended graduate school there and have been a resident of Madison for 25 years. Hubby is an administrator in a large department. PM is best for contact.</p>

<p>I am in western Germany, very close to Trier and Luxembourg City, within a few hours of Brussels, Maastricht, Frankfurt, and Heidelberg. PM for contact.</p>

<p>I like this idea. My daughter's friend's grandma is here visiting and came up to me after church to let me know that she lives an hour or so away from where my daughter will be in school in PA, and that was really comforting to me.</p>

<p>Berurah, I assure you, if I am ever in KS, you will get a PM from me, and I want one if you head to Germany. You seem like one of the kindest-hearted people in the world, and I would love to meet you some day!
:)</p>

<p>Hmm - this time next year, my daughter will be in Maastricht.</p>

<p>I'm about 45 minutes from Rice and University of Houston, an hour from Texas A&M.</p>

<p>San Francisco, baby!! So we have USF, SF State, Marin schools, Oakland, Stanford, Berkeley, and points north</p>

<p>M D will be in NYC....</p>

<p>I'm another parent in the SF area -- right outside of SF, about 30 minutes from Stanford, 40 minutes from Berkeley, 20 minutes or so from USF. And also with a kid in NY. </p>

<p>(Hey, CGM, life has just gotten sooo much easier because Jet Blue now flies into SFO -- no more driving across the bay for cheap fares. Just a word of warning, they are in the International Terminal, good to know if you are picking up or dropping off. My d. flew in Saturday night with a huge amount of luggage -- and we had a little bit of a hike back to the car due to my mistaken assumption that a domestic flight would come into a domestic terminal).</p>

<p>East Bay parent here, close to Berkeley, Cal State Hayward (now renamed as Cal State University East Bay or something like that), etc.</p>

<p>in descending order of proximity.</p>

<p>This is a great idea, OP! One especially nice parent on this board (hello, SplashMom :)) very kindly offered me assistance when my d, who attends school in her area, was sick with the flu. She also patiently offered this timid driver suggestions for dealing with the traffic on I-65 and I-40 in Nashville. It's not likely I can ever do the same for her, but maybe I can help someone else.</p>

<p>Also UMaine, UNew England and reasonably close to UNew Hampshire</p>

<p>(when I say "close" to Colby, I am really about 2 hours away. But nobody is much closer ;) ) The others are within 45 minutes, except UNH</p>

<p>For part of the winter, I am in Baja California and frequently in San Diego... so that would cover UCSD, San Diego State, USan Diego</p>

<p>San Diego full time for me.</p>

<p>Bangladesh
This is a great thread. Great idea.</p>

<p>I see others are up my way too....waving "hi" to my fellow NoCal parents!We're really close to SF State....some connections w/Stanford, but most of my resources are at the SoCal UC's...... UCSD, Irvine, UCLA (I'm an alum). Science/Med....talk to me. :)</p>

<p>DD is in Philly starting Sept......so I'll probably PM some of you.</p>

<p>Great idea!</p>