In Need of Honors College Info

<p>But it does count towards the 12 “elective” honors credits. As do graduate courses. So keep an eye in the 6 seminar courses to make sure those are fit in.</p>

<p>I read somewhere that AA/OA and the other 1 credit Honors courses now count as seminar hours.</p>

<p>I would have to look at my sons degree works to be positive, but I am pretty sure that is correct, NYbama.</p>

<p>NYBama - this is correct. A email from the Honors college a few weeks ago:</p>

<p>"Honors College Students,</p>

<p>As the Honors College continues to grow in both size and quality, we continually reassess our policies to serve your best interests while maintaining an environment where you can thrive and engage in our four pillars of innovative scholarship, advanced research, cultural interaction, and civic engagement. In light of our continuing evaluation, and after careful consideration and deliberate discussions, the Honors College has decided to allow pass/fail University Honors (UH) designated courses to count towards the current six hour Honors Seminar requirement. Please note there is still a limit of two hours of pass/fail courses counting towards the total eighteen hour requirement.</p>

<p>This change will be fully retroactive for all Honors College students starting as of August 2013 graduation, which means there is a potentiality that some of you may be registered for a class you no longer need to complete the Honors College requirements. The change has already been implemented in DegreeWorks, so we strongly recommend that you evaluate your DegreeWorks and speak with your major advisor if you are unsure as to the impact of the policy change for your individual situation. For our incoming freshmen, this also means that any UH 120, including Honors Connections, and all Honors Action programs will count towards your Honors Seminar requirement. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this change in order to build relationships with other incoming Honors students and immerse yourself in the Honors College.</p>

<p>As we move forward into a new academic year, the Honors College looks forward to helping you fulfill your potential and will continue to appraise our policies to aid in maximizing your collegiate experience.</p>

<p>Sincerely,
The Honors College</p>

<p>Honors College
Box 870169
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
(205) 348-5500 (P)
(205) 348-5501 (F)</p>