In regards to the Howdy Portal

My daughter has applied for fall 2018 at Texas A&M College Station. She is currently 10.12% of her class. On the website it says students must be in the top 10% to be automatically admitted. When we visited the campus they told us that they actually admitted up to 10.49% automatic admissions. Her application has been submitted and it says complete and under review. I noticed many post that said the howdy portal went from 3 tabs to 6 indicating admittance. Can anyone else relate to these circumstances?

We have a neighbor whose daughter was 10.4 percent and she was admitted for Fall 2017, as an auto-admit. They called before she applied and got the exact percentage that would give her the automatic admission. (I thought they said 10.4, but it was probably 10.49.)

This actually came up in conversation yesterday because the parent was advising families to do their own research. Our HS counselor told her that she wouldn’t be an auto-admit.

It sounds like your daughter will soon be an Aggie!

Does she have a sufficiently high SAT or ACT score to fall under the “academic admits” criteria?
http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

We were told the same thing by our HS counselor!! So frustrating. Thank u so much for the input

If you re-post this under the heading “Is 10.12% considered Auto Admit?” (or something similar) you may get more people that have definite information on this to read it. My son is entering A&M this month (Whoop!), and I know I saw lots of discussion about this last year, but I don’t really remember what the decision was.